Compliance Services #3

Limited Company End of Year Accounts

We prepare, review and file Limited Company Accounts.

Every Limited company needs to prepare their complete accounts for HMRC and Companies House one year at a time. The ‘year end’ refers to the day that your companies financial period ends.

Once you have submitted your financial year-end data to us, we review and finalise the data to ensure everything is correct. When you have approved and signed the accounts we will then file them with Companies House for you.  

You will receive a complimentary video explaining your accounts in easy to understand terms. ​

This means that at each year end you will have comfort in understanding your businesses numbers and will be able to take positive steps to keep your business on track the following year. 

We aim to file clients’ accounts within 4 months of your year end – 5 months before they’re due, giving you more time to prepare for those sometimes-hefty corporation tax bills. 

The deadline for filing year end accounts Is 9 months after your year end and if they are filed late, you could find yourself with a penalty fine of up to  £1,500!

Self Assessment – Tax Return

A self-assessment tax return is used to calculate how much tax you owe from your earnings you declare for each year.

The tax year runs from 6th April to the 5th April of the following year and following the end of the tax year, a tax return needs to be filed online by 31st January.

However, we like to ensure our clients have enough notice of their tax bills so we aim to get the majority of the tax returns filed earlier in the year.

You may need to fill out a tax return if any of the below apply to you;

  • you are self-employed as a ‘sole trader’ and earned more than £1,000 (before taking off anything you can claim tax relief on)
  • you are a partner in a business partnership
  • you claim some Income Tax reliefs
  • you can prove you’re self-employed, for example to claim Tax-Free Childcare or Maternity Allowance
  • if your income (or your partner’s, if you have one) was over £50,000, you may need to send a return and pay the High Income Child Benefit Charge.

We can take away all the stress and worries of getting your return processed, ensuring you are paying the correct amount of tax (if any at all) and avoiding any late filing penalties.
Save time, money and worry when it comes to paying tax: talk to us today about Self Assessments, Tax and End of Year accounts.

Need a Limited Company Registration?

We also provide registration services for clients who wish to leave all the legal stuff to us. We make sure that the company is set up in the correct way with Companies House including filing all the correct documents and registering for the correct services with HMRC, saving you time, money and hassle.